FEP is a statewide programÂ started in 1984. The °ÅÀÖÊÓÆµ Family & Educator Partnership (FEP) works to develop and sustain effective partnerships between families, educators, and community providers to promote success for all children and youth with disabilities.
°ÅÀÖÊÓÆµ's FEP Leadership Vision:Â
- Help families be able to partnerÂ successfully for their childâ€™s needs
- Build family engagement skills among LEA staff
Family & Educator Partners Provide a Important Service:
- Facilitate understanding of special education, including family/student rights and responsibilities.
- Assistance preparing for IFSP/IEP meeting.
- Information and support regarding transition from IFSP to IEP and post secondary transition.
- Support communication between home and school to enhance family and educator partnerships.
- Link family and educators to services within the AEA and the community.
- Provide information and understanding regarding educational processes.
°ÅÀÖÊÓÆµ Information and Resources
- A FEP library can be accessed through the media center. The media center can be reached at 319-399-6754 to access materials found in theÂ Media Center Catalogue.